4.12.2013

Mug Cake #2 + Links

Let's just say, it's been a week.

I had a lovely package arrive a few days ago from my best friend--Paleo Trail Mix! Isn't she thoughtful? I've been carrying the jar around with me all week. It's walnuts, cashews, almonds, pepitas (I think), various dried fruits, big shreds of coconut, and little chunks of chocolate.

cheers, bonjour, howdy


I made a new mug cake last night. I adjusted my mom's original mug brownie recipe (which is excellent already). I just added an egg and some coconut flour--I don't know why, I was just in that sort of mood.

1 ripe banana
2 eggs
1-2 tablespoons almond butter
1 heaping tablespoon cocoa
1 (small) tablespoon coconut flour (I didn't actually measure this, so I'm estimating here; start with a little sprinkle, add more if you want)
Few dashes of cinnamon

Mush the banana, then mix in the eggs, then the almond butter. Slowly stir in the cocoa (it might end up all over the counter), the coconut flour, and the cinnamon. If this isn't already in a microwave-safe dish, put it in one and microwave for about 3 minutes, or until cooked in the middle. It will rise a bit, so make sure the bowl/dish isn't too shallow. It could probably serve 2-3 people, but it's okay if you eat the whole thing yourself.

I didn't take a picture but it looked like a brownie in a bowl--take my word for it. I also topped my piece with some chocolate chips.

Now, eat your brownie and read these articles. Happy Friday!

The Science of Being a Sports Fan (Smithsonian)

33 Most Beautiful Abandoned Places in the World (BuzzFeed via Rachel Held Evans

Who doesn't love Maggie Smith? (via Sarah Bessey)

There's a new trailer for Great Gatsby. I. Can't. Wait. (via Sarah Bessey)

100 Rules of Dinner. Fascinating. (Dinner, A Love Story via Cup of Jo)

How to Catch a Star (The Freedom Experiment)
Continue with the willingness to accept that it might not happen when you want it, and it might not happen the way you want it to be. But if you learn to think different – I promise you that dreams come true.

Did you know they're renaming cuts of meat? Does this mean I'll know what a Denver steak is? Nope. (Chicago Tribune)

Runners Aren't Crazy! (Hello Giggles)


xo

No comments:

Post a Comment