6.13.2013

Banana Bread in a Mug

Well, this was a pleasant surprise. I got tired of my usual pumpkin muffin-in-a-mug (I can't really call it "cake" anymore), so I played with my "recipe" a bit and accidentally came out with banana bread. Of course I never measure anything, but I know what it looks like when I make it...so there's that.


Yes, I have a Paris bowl. Surprised?


Ingredients*
1/2 ripe banana
1 big spoonful (maybe a little less than 1/4 cup) pumpkin puree
1 tablespoon coconut oil - melted
1 tablespoon almond butter
1 egg
1 tiny splash vanilla extract
1-2 shakes of cinnamon
1 pinch of baking soda
1 tablespoon coconut flour

I usually start by melting the coconut oil in a 2-cup Pyrex glass measuring cup, then I add the banana, pumpkin, and almond butter. Mix, mix, mix. Be careful not to splash on yourself - I speak from experience. Or wear an apron if you like making a mess. Then add the egg and vanilla and keep mixing. Now the cinnamon, baking soda, and coconut flour. Mix some more! It should look like thick cake batter. Scrape the sides and let it sit for a minute or two to let the coconut flour absorb a bit, then microwave for 2:30-2:45. At this point, I like to dump it out upside-down on a plate and if the bottom looks too soft/wet still, I microwave it for 30 more seconds.

*Keep in mind, this is just an estimate. I usually just use a couple big spoons and eyeball everything. I sprinkle a little baking soda in my palm and break up the clumps, then just toss it in, so I really have no idea how much I use.

No comments:

Post a Comment